AQM Copper's seasoned Directors have a distinct record of success within the South American copper industry and the investment community. They bring operational experience working for the largest copper producers in the world, with mid-tier producers and several junior exploration companies. The directors also bring a breadth and depth of experience in investment finance and private equity.
| || Alan Edwards|
Mr. Alan Edwards is a mining professional with over 30 years of diverse mining industry experience. Mr. Edwards is the President of AE Consulting.
- Mr. Edwards has held the positions of General Manager of Operations for Phelps Dodge Corporation at the Chino Mine, President and General Manager for Cyprus Amax Minerals Company at the Cerro Verde Mine in Peru, and Executive Vice President and COO for Apex Silver Mine in the development of the San Cristobal project in Bolivia.
- Mr. Edwards was President, Chief Executive Officer and Director of Frontera Copper Corporation, former Chairman and Director of Oracle Mining, and is currently a Director of Entrée Gold Inc., U. S. Silver and Gold Inc., and AuRico Gold, Inc.
- Mr. Edwards graduated with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mining Engineering and an MBA (Finance), both from the University of Arizona.
| || Bruce L. Turner|
President & CEO
Mr. Bruce Turner, was the former President of BHP Billiton's Escondida, the world's largest copper mine in the world and has more than 35 years of mining experience. Mr. Turner was appointed President & CEO of AQM Copper Inc. (formerly Apoquindo Minerals Inc.) on August 1st 2009.
- Mr. Turner holds a Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Mining Engineering (1974) from the University of British Columbia.
- Mr. Turner also holds a Doctor of Technology Degree (Honorary) from the British Columbia Institute of Technology. Additionally, Mr. Turner completed an Advanced Management Course at Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration.
| || James Gilbert|
Mr. James Gilbert is currently President and CEO and a Director of First Point Minerals Corp., a Canadian base metals exploration company. Prior to joining First Point in February 2012, Mr. Gilbert was President and CEO of Minera S.A., a private mining and metals investment company. Mr. Gilbert has 30 years of experience in investment and transaction execution, with more than 20 years focused on the international mining and metals industry.
- Mr. Gilbert held the positions of Chief Investment Officer of Gerald Metals Inc., the global commodities trading firm based in Stamford, Connecticut, Director of the mining and metals investment banking group at Rothschild Inc., in Washington D.C., and was Director of Corporate Finance at Coopers & Lybrand in New York.
- Mr. Gilbert served as a Director and Chairman of the Compensation and Nominating Committee of Orvana Minerals Corp. from August 2009 through February 2012.
- Mr. Gilbert has an MBA in Finance from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania and a BA in English from Bucknell University.
| || Dr. Tom Vehrs|
Dr. Tom Vehrs is VP of Exploration of Fortuna Silver Mines, Inc. and a senior minerals geologist with 35 years of experience in exploration, development and production activities. The majority of this time was spent in South and Central America, where Dr. Vehrs led a variety of mineral exploration groups, including Fortuna Silver Mines Inc., Cyprus Minerals, Anaconda Minerals, and Aquest Minerals.
- Dr. Vehrs holds a Ph.D. in Geology from Syracuse University and is a founding Registered Member of the Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration, Inc.
- Dr. Vehrs has worked on South and Central American projects for over 30 years with particular experience in the exploration, evaluation and development of porphyry copper-gold systems
- Dr. Vehrs was a co-founder and former President and COO of Aquest Minerals, a junior exploration company, and former Exploration Manager for South America for Cyprus Amax Minerals.
| || Stephen J. Altmann|
Mr. Stephen Altmann is a Managing Director with Morrison Park Advisors, an independent investment bank. Mr. Altmann brings 20 years of investment banking and capital markets expertise, specializing in corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions with Desjardins Securities, Scotia Capital, Credit Suisse and RBC Capital Markets. Mr. Altmann has completed numerous equity and equity linked financings and several advisory assignments over his career. Most recently, Mr. Altmann was President of a TSX listed mining company.
- Mr. Altmann holds a Bachelor of Science Degree (Honours) in Geophysics and a Master's Degree in Business Administration.
- Mr. Altmann has completed over $1.6B in equity financings and $20B in advisory assignments.
- Mr. Altmann's most recent experience includes President of ECU Silver Mining which merged with Golden Minerals Company. Prior ECU Silver, Mr. Altmann was Managing Director of Investment Banking at Desjardins Securities and Director of Mergers & Acquisitions at Scotia Capital.
| || David Peat|
Mr. Peat has over 30 years of executive experience in financial leadership of mining corporations. He has significant expertise in the areas of mergers and acquisitions and regulatory compliance. Mr. Peat brings a wealth of knowledge gathered from his various positions as a member of senior management teams and Boards of Directors.
- Mr. Peat has held multiple executive positions including Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Frontera Copper, Vice President and Global Controller of Newmont Mining and Vice President of Finance and Chief Financial Officer of Homestake Mining.
- Mr. Peat is currently a director and chairman of the Audit Committees of Fortune Bay Corp., Gabriel Resources Ltd. and Sunshine Silver Mines Corporation.
- Mr. Peat is a CPA, CA, who began his career at Price Waterhouse in Toronto, has been a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Ontario since 1978. Mr. Peat earned a Bachelor of Commerce, Honors Business Administration from the University of Windsor, Ontario, and a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of Western Ontario.